Why my UK Visa is Refused | UK Visa Refusal Reasons Why visas are Refused

Choose a visa You may need a visa to come to the UK to study, work, visit or join family. There are different visas depending on: where you come from why you want to come to the UK how long you want to stay for your personal circumstances and skills Before you apply, you must check if you need a visa and what type you need. Depending on your nationality, you might not need a visa. Your application must be approved before you travel. If you want to visit the UK Check which visa you need to visit the UK: for a holiday or to see family or friends for a business trip or meeting to get married If you have a visitor visa you cannot take a job in the UK. You can do up to 30 days of study, as long as it’s not the main reason for your visit. If you’re travelling through the UK You might need a visa if you’re travelling through the UK on your way to another country, for example if you have a layover between flights. Apply for a visa to travel through the UK If you want to study in the UK Your course length, type and place of study affect which visa to apply for. A short-term study visa lets you to study for up to 6 months (11 months if you’re over 16 and studying an English language course). A general student visa is for a longer course. You must be sponsored by a licensed college or university and have a confirmed place. You can do some work on this visa. A child student visa is for 4 to 17 year olds who want to study at an independent school. If you’re 16 or over, you can do some work on this visa. If you want to work or invest in the UK You can work in the UK on a short or long-term basis with a work visa. There are many types of work visa. The visa you need depends upon: your skills and qualifications if you have a job offer and sponsorship if you want to bring your family with you what you’ll be doing - for example sporting, charitable or religious work You can also invest money in the UK with an Investor visa. You can set up a business with an Entrepreneur visa or a Graduate Entrepreneur visa. If you want to join family in the UK If you’re a spouse, partner or family member of someone who has British citizenship or settlement in the UK, you can apply for a family visa to join them. They may need to show that they can support you financially. You may be able to apply for indefinite leave to remain (ILR) after a set amount of time living in the UK. Family reunion visas for refugees If you were separated from your partner or child when you were forced to leave your country, you can apply for them to join you in the UK. To apply you must have been given asylum or 5 years’ humanitarian protection, and not have British citizenship. Other ways to get permission to live in the UK Commonwealth citizens You can apply for an Ancestry visa to work in the UK if you have a British grandparent and meet other eligibility criteria. You may have right of abode to live in the UK. If you’re a Commonwealth citizen and cannot prove your right to be in the UK, read about the Windrush scheme. Returning residents If you had indefinite leave to remain (ILR) and left the UK for more than 2 years you’ll need to apply for a returning resident visa to come back. Other visas There may be another visa that’s right for you based on your circumstances. Check what other visas you’re eligible for. ----- NEWBORDER ™ United Kingdom | 20-22 Wenlock Road, London, N1 7GU | T : +44 20 3866 8974‬ United Arab Emirates | Aspin Commercial Tower, Sk Zayed Road, DUBAI | T : +971 52 804 8992‬ Egypt | 22 Kamal El-Din Hussein Street, Cairo, 11799 | T : +20 127 977 6046  Disclaimer While every effort has been made to ensure the accuracy of the information provided, it does not constitute legal advice and cannot be relied upon as such. We does not accept any responsibility for liabilities arising as a result of reliance upon the information given.